Tuesday 14 June 2016

1 Step Stamping!!

I love multi-step stamping. Those sets which give wonderful dimension. Some people find them tricky to line up, and if you're just starting out stamping, you might feel a little nervous about using them.
Thing is, you can treat them as one step stamps too!
I wanted to make a really simple card. The hardest bit is fussy cutting- which you don't need to do necessarily, you could simply stamp a one layer background.

I've used two products from Concord & 9th;
and this amazing die 'Friend Like You'


Do notice that it cuts the black lines- so it is a solid die with the brackets being detachable from the main die. You can't die cut a 'friend' aperture by itself although if you positioned a piece of thin paper across where those letters are, you could die-cut one single word. You obviously have the middle bits of the negative letter shape that you could add in, but I liked the look of it without.

 Simply stamp the background and stamp the outer flower a few times, cut out and add to the card using foam pads. I backed the sentiment which a nice contrasting colour and added it to the front.
I obviously had letters left and thought I'd make a quick tag.
This time I stamped two of the 3-step flowers separately and trimmed them out. The idea with the set is that you start with the largest flower shape with the lighter colour, stamp the next sized down shape in a darker colour and then over those two, stamp the smallest image with the darkest colour.
These outline shapes are perfect for no-line copic/watercolour techniques.Add in detail with pen or pencil and really kickstart your creativity. I die cut one of the brackets from the tag and it gives a lovely aperture to back with another colour (as well as cutting out some bracket shapes to play with too).

I've had great fun with this set- do have a go too!

See you soon,

Keren xx

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card! I love that you can get two completely different looks out of the one die.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team