Sunday 12 February 2017

Carousel Horses

Didn't you love the merry-go-round as a kid?  I did - there was always a bright pink and gold horse and I always made a bee-line for it, so it's kind of obvious which of our new released products I was going to go for first right!


I used the horse from Carousel by Avery Elle and as I wanted bright vibrant colours I used my zig markers direct to paper after embossing in gold (I used a smooth cartridge paper as the markers blend best on a water colour type paper)

Because the best thing about a carousel is the movement, I wanted to include that on my card, so I fussy cut my horse and used MFT surf and turf dies and spin and slide discs to create a slider card to add a little fun to the card.



It would be fun to create a DL card and have all 3 animals so it looks like a real carousel going up and down!

NEWS FROM THE STORE
  • Our Altenew delivery which includes all the new release plus restocks (10 massive boxes!) is now at Stanstead and we hope will clear customs and be with us Monday or Tuesday.  We'll get it unpacked and online as quickly as we can but 10 boxes of stock will take some sorting!
  • The new release from Mama Elephant will be live in store on Wednesday
  • The new release from Newton's Nook will be live in store on Friday
  • We've reordered the Neat and Tangled items that flew out of stock - we should get them next week.
  • There is a new release from Lil' Inker Designs which will be live on Monday 20th
  • We are still waiting for the new Hero Arts products to hit the UK distributor.  


2 comments:

  1. Fab, vibrant card! I love carousels so this set really appeals. Great to have so many restocks headed our way too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Thanks for the stock update - I'll just have to hand you the (meagre) contents of my bank account!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team