Sunday 19 February 2017

Wine A Little

I've gone full-on wino this week lol!  I may be a gin girl but all my mates are wine drinkers so all the new wine themed products we've had in store recently will be getting a lot of use!

Firstly I did a simple card using the MFT dies Wine Service and Cheers


I die cut a frame using the peek-a-boo window (sorry it just sold out again but we will get it back as soon as we can) so I had somewhere to sit my bottle.   I die cut the bottle and glass and did some quick colouring with alcohol markers before covering both with a thick layer of clear embossing.  I added a gold die cut cap and a wine label - the stamping of which came from one of the sentiments in MFT's Uncorked using the selective inking technique using a momento pen to ink up each word one at a time.  I finished with a gold matt and a matching gold Cheers sentiment.

For my second card I wanted to make a shaped card so I switched dies to the larger wine bottle from Avery Elle and used it in a slightly different way than they intended!


The die cuts the bottle in 4 pieces which you then align on your card.  However as I wanted a stand alone bottle, I just drew around the die twice on some green card and cut them out with scissors.  It's an easy shape to cut so it's no great hardship. I then die cut the label part from kraft and did some scruffy embossing to the edges to give the label a distressed feel and stamped one of the larger sentiments from Uncorked onto it again.  Another gold top finished the top bottle off - to make it into a card I just scored under the gold top to create a crease to lift the front up with and then used a little strong tape behind it to glue the two bottles together.  You could make fun bottle gift tags if you just did single ones too. 






NEWS FROM THE STORE

It will be a busy week in store again this week:
  • Lil' Inker Designs have a new release tomorrow which will be live in store after they release it in the USA
  • This month's Concord and 9th release was delayed in customs in the USA (we are finding they are tightening up on  regulations and parcels are being held up for the smallest of reasons so we are facing many unhelpful delays) but should be here in a couple of days.
  • The much anticipated Lawn Fawn release will finally be released by Lawn Fawn in the USA on the 23rd February.  We will have ours tomorrow but retailers are not allowed to sell it until they have released it in the USA so we won't be releasing ours until they do.
  • The SugarPea release from last Friday will hopefully ship to us early this week so we should have it in around a week to 10 days.
  • We are still waiting for the Hero Arts release but it reached the UK distributor on Friday so hopefully it won't take them too long to sort out everyone's orders and get it out to us.






4 comments:

  1. Yes these definitely look like very useful stamp and die sets x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab cards Tara, and I know a few wine drinkers too...! Love the idea of creating a card from the larger bottle shape, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, this wine-cards are beautifull and can be very good for masculine Cards.and thanks for the Information. xxx maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these - everyone I knows loves a tipple so these will come in handy! I especially like the MFT sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team