Saturday 25 March 2017

Another Year Wiser

Hey stampers, Anni here!
I have a fun interactive card for you today featuring My Favorite Things I'm Owl Yours set.

I kept the card pretty simple on the outside.


I stamped one of the owls and coloured it with grey alcohol markers. I fussy cut the owl (no fear, you don't have to, there are coordinating dies available) and added some three-dimensional gloss medium to the eyes to make them shiny.
For the background I first masked off a stripe on the bottom of my card base and ink blended some turquoise ink for the sky. Then I changed the masked to the top and added some grey ink to create a ground.


And then when you open the card a bunch of rainbow coloured owls pop up to wish the recipient a Happy Birthday!
To create the pop up effect I used Lawn Fawn's Every Day Pop Ups dies. They are currently out of stock in the shop but there are similar ones by My Favorite Things you can find here and here and by Mama Elephant. Those dies are easy to use and making these kind of cards simple.

(I'm sorry I had problems taking a good photo of the inside due to bad lightning that day)

For the inside of the card I stamped all the owls in the set and coloured them in rainbow order, fussy cut them and added some details with a white gel pen. 


(I'm sorry I had a problem taking a good photo of the inside due to bad lightning that day)

The card took some time because I had to colour all these owls - no problem for me because I think colouring is the best part in making a card. But after I had finished the colouring the rest was easy and took no time at all.

Thanks for stopping by and have a sunny and craft weekend.
Anni

5 comments:

  1. This is totally fabulous, Anni! I love the clean, crisp look of the front, and then to have those gorgeous rainbow coloured owls popping up on the inside... wonderful! What a super card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuPER CUTE!!!
    what a great Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is such a fabulous card and I love it all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card - I love it! Those owls are soooooo cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colourful owls! Wonderful card x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team