Friday 14 April 2017

An Old Favourite

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm playing with an old favourite...


...'My Favorite' from Neat and Tangled to be precise.


I remember the first time i ever set eyes on this stamp, I fell in love with it instantly.  I'm a sucker for a large sentiment stamp and go weak at the knees for a cool font so this ticks all my boxes!
I made this as an anniversary card but the sentiment works for any loved one, family or friends, it's just fun, quirky and something a little different.
I started by stamping out Altenew's Tiny Hearts across the top 3/4 of my panel and clear heat embossed, then stamped 'My Favorite' over the top in black ink and covered that in clear embossing powder also.  I then did a gentle purple ink blend around my sentiment to show off the tiny hearts, and added a light hint of yellow at the bottom to make the colours pop.


I then took these two adorable little birdies from Lawn Fawn's Hello Sunshine and stamped them out twice; once on my actual panel and once on a separate piece of card.  I then coloured them by ink blending over the top on the separate piece of card, cut out their little bodies, and added over top of the images on my card uisng foam tape.
I coloured another piece of card in bright pink ink and cut a bunch of Lawn Fawn's 'Hearts Dies' from it.  I knew I wanted to use one of the hearts as a balloon for my two birdies to be holding, but I also wanted some to embellish with.
I took the largest heart I had cut and laid it over where I would like it to lie on my card.  I then used my stamping tool to stamp over the heart so that, when added back to the card, it would have the right part of the stamp on it and the whole sentiment would still be legible.  Like I say, I used a stamp tool but you can just as easily stamp out a spare image on some scrap paper, place your element over the corresponding place then over stamp onto that...if that makes sense :/


I added my little heart back in place with some foam tape and added a little black thread as the balloon string, then embellished with the rest of the hearts I had cut.


I really hope you like it.  I forgot how truly gorgeous this stamp is so really enjoyed re-visiting it.

As always, everything I have used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jill

My Favorite Image 1Hello Sunshine Image 1Tiny Hearts







1 comment:

  1. So adorable! I too love the big sentiment stamps, but those birdies steal the show with their heart balloon and the way they're holding the thread <3 Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team