Tuesday 11 April 2017

Happy Birthday Centrepiece

Today I'm using the MFT Birthday Centrepiece dienamic. This die is great for a focal piece on a card, and it's also perfect for shaker cards!


For me, I've found this die works best on square cards, so I began by creating a 4 inch square card base. 

From another piece of card, I die cut the centrepiece dienamic, and cut it down again with a stitched square die. I then blended on some blue ink.

Next, I stamped and coloured a cat from the MFT Cool Cat stamp set. This is my favourite from the set as it reminds me of my two fluffy cats. I fussy cut the image out, then decided he needed a balloon on his tail. The balloon is from the Lawn Fawn Elphie Selfie stamp set.


Behind the centrepiece, I layered some coordinating patterned paper. At this point, you could turn it into a shaker card, but I decided to keep things simple. I put foam tape behind the cat, then added him to the card. 

...and if you're making one card, you may as well make three, right? So that's just what I did! 




Have a lovely day!
Gemma

8 comments:

  1. These are fun cards and I'm thinking that I need that MFT die now. Thanks for enabling me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome! It's a fun die to use :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable! Loving the centrepiece die, such a fab look. It frames the cards beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards - so sweet and lovely colours! I am liking that centrepiece die! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gemma these are so cute and what a wonderful way to make cute and quick cards. Have so many coloured images, brilliant way to use them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team