Saturday 8 April 2017

Happy New Home

Hey stampers, Anni here.
A friend of mine moved a few weeks ago and I wanted to make a not so traditional card for her. I also wanted to incorporate her sweet little cat in this card called Cosmo (named after the delicious cocktail Cosmopolitan).
The stamp set Meow You Doin' by Lawn Fawn was perfect for this occassion.



I started by stamping the sleeping cat on alcohol marker friendly paper and coloured it as Cosmo. For the basket I dusted off an old technique: paper piecing. I stamped the basket on a piece of patterned paper and fussy cut it.


I die cut a rectangle from My Favorite Things' Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle Stax. On this rectangle I stamped New Home that I found in the set Whole Lotta Happy by Reverse Confetti. And added a tiny Happy on a piece of cardstock embossed in white.

For the background I stamped the fish out of the Meow You Doin set onto the card base in Versamark and embossed it in coral embossing powder. For a reason unknown to me the embossing powder didn't stick quite right to the ink and I got a distressed looking background. After a little bit of cursing and a little bit of thinking I decided I liked the look and went with it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni



   

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the kitty, I struggle colour cats and dogs so i'm studying the image to memorise how this pussy cat's been done. The embossed fish look fab, really great colour choice for the emboss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Your friend will love it. The cat is adorable and beautifully coloured. What a personal touch to match Cosmo's colouring! Hope she and Cosmo are both very happy in their new home :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team