Monday 10 April 2017

The Canine Gang

Hi there :) 
I hope you all enjoyed the glorious sunny weekend?


I'm here to start your week off with a fun card, I seem to be on a MFT roll at the moment but I couldn't wait to share this card with you now these doggy stamp sets are back in stock :)



I needed a card to send to my friend who is a dog groomer and general dog lover, sadly she has decided 
to pack up her business to pursue other interests so this is what happened when I set about colouring these little characters!!

I wanted to include lots of dogs even though some of these hounds wouldn't need a trim!!
I made a long narrow card with the hinge along the short edge.

It was great fun thinking about colours and markings... my favourite has to be the brindle chap in the centre :) I needed to make them a scene to gather in so I used the English brick wall stencil and drew through it so the black outline style matched the dogs. I drew the fence which is just simple overlapping irregular rectangles and added a woodgrain with the coloured pencil.. in fact the whole scene is coloured using Polychrome pencils and the dogs trimmed out with scissors.




I wasn't sure how to do the sky so just went with pencil strokes and I think it looks okay and fits in with the whole colouring effect.The simple shrubs are made by tracing through a cloud stencil..... it's one I have in my stash but you can easily make stencils with any dies you have :)

  

It's the first time I've tried a scenic background and I'm really pleased with how
it turned out... keeping it simple is the key :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fantastic, Jenny! I love the creative approaches you have to card making, always coming up with something a little different and so much fun! The dogs are beautifully coloured and I can't believe you hand drew that awesome fence. Your friend will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Lovely colouring too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!
    such a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing card, The way you made the wall and the fence worked so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and thought the fence was a stamp. I make cards for the PDSA and these stamps would be ideal x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card!!! I'm sure your friend loved it - who wouldn't!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team