Friday 13 October 2017

I'm happiest when floating in the sea.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm indulging in my favourite past-time of  'floating in the sea'...


...using Flora and Fauna's delightful Mermaid's Kisses.


I am loving the store's newest brand, Flora and Fauna.  Their style is so unique, so playful and whimsical.  They allow me to just have fun instead of over thinking style and design.  The illustrations have such a wonderful naivety to them, as if they have been picked straight from a dream.  I just love em'!.
My card was a case of me simply wanting to have fun, I just wanted to stamp out the gorgeous images and watercolour my day away.
I thought it would be fun to set up a scene from the perspective of the bottle being at the fore-front of the picture, as if closest to the lens we are looking through, with all the wonderful sea life going on behind.


My favourite thing about this set is the sentiment, it could not be more true for me 'I'm happiest when floating in the sea', I simply could not resist. 
I thought it would be fun to add a shaker element to the mix so stamped two of the bottles onto vellum, filled the middle with all types of deliciousness such as glitter and sequins, and sealed the edges.  


After adding a good amount of flicks and splashes across my scene, I added my bottle using clear tape strategically placed so as not to show up on the front.


I had a thoroughly enjoyable time making this card, I find the Flora and Fauna stamps help me drift off and get lost in a world of my own where I'm not giving myself a hard time about imperfections.  Sometimes, it's allowing the imperfections that makes your crafty time perfect :)

I really hope you like it.
As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jill

Mermaid Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team