Wednesday 15 November 2017

Bearful of Holiday Happiness

Hello crafters, I am back today with another Christmas card for you. I'm definitely making a dent in the stack of cards I need to send this year so I hope you're not too sick just yet of my festive sharings!

My card today features two stamps that seem to be a favourite of my muse this year: Neat & Tangled Beary Merry and MFT's Bold Diagonal Stripes Background. The background stamp is so versatile - stamp it in black for a backer for almost any card panel, or stamp it in red to replicate a candy cane! It was the latter that inspired me today.



I started out with an A6 top-folding white card base on which I stamped the striped background in some Lawn Fawn Lobster ink. I also cut a snowy hill out of some white cardstock with one of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies, adhering this to the bottom of the card base.

I stamped out the bear and the cute little Santa mug from the Neat & Tangled Beary Merry set with some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, colouring them in with my alcohol markers in some traditionally festive colours. One of my favourite things about this set is that the coordinating dies cut out the bear's hands so you can adhere items like the mug to make it look like he's holding on to it. After adhering the bear with some foam tape over the snowy hill, I added some trees I had leftover from a previous project using the Mama Elephant Me and My Yeti set.



The sentiments from this set are fabulous so I felt I had to make it just that little more special. I gold heat embossed the 'wishing you Holiday Happiness' sentiment from the set on some green card stock before poking a hole on either side and threading through some Lawn Fawn Lime Twine. I adhered this with some foam tape centered on the striped panel and tied off the twine on the inside.

A little Wink of Stella to give it some shine and I think this makes a bright and cheery Christmas card!

Thanks for reading. I'll catch you next week with something a little less festive!

Tallie

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team