Wednesday 1 November 2017

It's a Jungle Gym!

Happy Wednesday! It's the first day of November and I have a colourful critters card that can be used for a variety of occasions. I've had the MFT Jungle Gym set for a while and I challenged myself to combine it with a Christmas stamp. It didn't quite turn out the way I planned, but then the best cards never do!


I started out by stamping the cute swinging monkey/tiger and bird from the MFT Jungle Gym set onto some white cardstock with some MFT Black Licorice Hybrid ink. I then coloured them in with my alcohol markers using at least three shade for each colour to get some depth. I tried to stick to the brighter, warmer colours as I knew the background would be cooler blues. I cut these out with the coordinating dies, added a few accents with a white gel pen and a layer of clear Wink of Stella. I mounted these with some foam tape and set aside to work on the background.


To make the background, I blended some Faded Jeans, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink onto some smooth white cardstock. I then spritzed some water onto the ink and dried with a paper towel to give that wonderful chalky finish. I trimmed it down so it was just smaller than the A6 side-folding cardbase and adhered it at a jaunty angle. I felt it needed a little more something so I used a white gel pen to draw on faux stitching around the outside.


For the sentiment, I used the 'for you' from the MFT Hand Lettered Christmas set. I stamped it out with some black ink and fussy cut around the sentiment. To make it look a little more dimensional, I used my white gel pen to add some highlights on the left and top sides of each letter. I then also mounted this with foam tape and adhered to the background in line with the tiger's feet. A few crystal clear sequins sweeping through the bottom right to top left of the card helps to give the impression of movement for the swing.

This makes a nice little all-occasions card I can add to my stash!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team