Sunday 14 January 2018

Hearts aren't just for Valentines

Sometimes the Valentine's products we get are soooo gorgeous but I look at them and think but I only have one card to make I can't justify buying them all......  But I was so in love with some of the Lil' Inker Designs release this month that I had to have them so have been finding ways to use them for more than V'day.

For the first card, I actually needed to make an anniversary card for Rick - we have two anniversaries - our wedding and our first date as we were together 13 years before we married so like the "longer" years of the first date!  So this is for our "date-iversary"  I opted for the "love you more heart die" for this one.

When you have such a statement sentiment, you don't need to do much  - the die speaks for itself, especially in such a gorgeous font, so I kept it simple with some gilding.  I simply applied stick-it sheet adhesive on either side of some thick grey card stock and then ran the die through the die cutter a couple of times to make sure it cut all the way through.


I peeled off the release tape from the words on top of the card stock - leaving all the rest in place - before applying my gilding flakes.  Once you've buffed them up you can then just remove the release tape from behind the words and apply to your card.  The die cuts the sentiment in two pieces - most of the phrase is joined together - you just pop "you-than" next to the rest of it - simples!  I kept the finished card really simple with just a grey matt.






For my second card I was itching to play with the two-part Forever Heart Layer Dies.  Here I inked up some white card in stripes of purples and pinks and ran it through the die cutter with layer one.  I then ran some purple card through with layer two.  This embosses the heart but I traced around the die and trimmed it out so I could layer it over the first.  You can get a lot of different looks from this die set!

To use it beyond Valentines I went with a sentiment from MFT's Big Birthday Wishes that makes sense of the hearts.  I finished with a few balloons die cut from the same colours I used in the stripes  using Lawn Fawn's Party Balloons dies.





NEWS FROM THE STORE:

Following our store crash on Monday when we exceeded our monthly bandwidth allowance within 10 minutes of re-opening we've made the decision to move the store to it's own dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth to avoid the issue happening again in the future.  This means that the store will be unavailable for a few hours on WEDNESDAY MORNING whilst the developers move it to it's new permanent home.   Apologies in advance for the inconvenience but this will best for the store going forward.

In terms of deliveries this week we will have new releases (and restocks) from:
  • Neat and Tangled
  • Mama Elephant
  • Newton's Nook

We will be getting the newest releases from AlteNew, and Avery Elle soon but not this week.

We are still waiting for the UK distributor to get the December kit-add ons from Hero Arts.

We are still a little behind on packing orders but we're catching up as quickly as we can - the sale meant we were very busy so now that's finished we should be able to catch up and get back on track this week.  Thanks for your patience.

That's all the news this week - catch you next weekend.

Tara
x


2 comments:

  1. Love the heart shapes on these gorgeous cards. You may be a little behind but I received my orders this week very promptly , as always. And thank you for the fantastic freebie - I was delighted with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! AS ever, I ordered one for me and one for the Snippets Playground - LOVE the scripty heart die. Great card Tara! So glad you're up and running again, albeit with a few hiccups, missed you when you were moving! Hope all is going fine and that you've had time to find the corkscrew :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team